Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My music list

Music is important to me, so I have decided to make the perfect “mixed tape”. This list contains songs that are important to me in some way or another. Please enjoy!!

“I’m Movin’ On”- Rascal Flatts: A wonderful song driven purely by vocals.
“Do You Remember”- Jack Johnson: Simply because it’s Jack Johnson.
“Believe”- Brooks and Dunn: My new favorite song on the radio today. The lines “I’m finding more and more truth/ in the words written in red” is simply amazing. Ronnie Dunn’s voice has never been sweeter.
“Sunday Morning Coming Down”/” Hurt”- Johnny Cash: I have to put some Johnny Cash on here! Currently, these are my favorite Cash tunes but I still like “Ring of Fire”, “Jackson”, “I Walk the Line” and “Man In Black”. It’s hard to pick just one song, but they are all pretty amazing.
“Long Ride Home”- Patty Griffin: Some times one song can make a movie seem so much better. I heard this song in the movie Elizabethtown and I loved it.
“Clocks”- Coldplay: I still love this song. The melody is amazing, and every time this song comes on the radio I crank it up.
“Mud on the Tires”- Brad Paisley: This was Jacob’s favorite song. I can’t help but think of Jacob when I hear it.
“I Wish You Were Here”- Incubus: The song starts with a driving guitar beat and then slows down and these words come out: “ I dig my toes into the sand/ the ocean looks like a thousand diamonds strewn across the blue blanket/ I lean against the wind/ pretend that I am weightless/ and in this moment I am happy”. You can feel the sense of peace in the song and this song tends to help get rid of stress in my life. Plus, you can turn it up really loud and get lost in the guitar solo.
“Cannonball”- Damien Rice: I love Damien Rice. His voice is unique and flawless. This song is really great and the lone guitar helps drive the song. “The Blower’s Daughter” would be a close second.
“Dare You To Move”- Switchfoot: The simplicity of the guitar driven by the vocal performance by Jonathon Foreman is wonderful. This song motivates me to get up and get moving, “to lift myself up off the floor”. Wonderful writing for a song. Loved it in A Walk to Remember.
“Daughters”- John Mayer: This is the anthem that fathers want to hear. Or do they…..
“I Can Only Imagine”- Mercy Me: Who can imagine what heaven will be like? This song extends the imagination.
“Mr. Brightside”- The Killers: A song about…what exactly? The morning after? The night before? Losing someone you love? I love it. Reminds me of a good 80’s style piece of music.
“Mad World”- Gary Jules: This Tears for Fears cover is great. Plus, it went perfectly in ending the movie Donnie Darko.
“Swing Life Away”- Rise Against: I love it when hard rock bands do soft ballads. This usually turns out to be their best song. This one is my favorite so far from this group.
“The Chair”- George Strait: A song about a chair. A song about a guy using a cheesy pickup line. I love it.
“When I Call Your Name”- Vince Gill: Because it’s Vince Gill.
“Forward Motion”- Relient K. Love them…..
So, this is my list. Ask me tomorrow and the list will be different. Leave me your list in return!! Thanks people.

No comments: