Sunday, October 08, 2006

yeah, so uh, i dunno....

So this blog is just going to be the usual; you know me writing and nobody reading it (OK, like three people who are totally awesome!)
The three readers know that I had my mid-terms this week, and they all went surprisingly well. I have this one class World Civilizations and Geography and it is not too bad. Anyways, the professor who teaches the class I also have for another class, Ancient History. He tells me that I was "awesome" during class on Friday (right before the Ancient History test!) and says that in the WCandG class I made over a 100 on the test!! WHO-HOO!! I studied like crazy! I guess it paid off. I have not heard anything else from my others though, but I actually feel pretty confident.
Here is my class schedule, just in case some were wondering: First Aid&CPR, Religion, Life, and the Bible, Advanced Grammar, Ancient History, Technical Writing, and World Civilizations and Geography. That brings me to a grand total of 17 hours! I have taken 19 once and I do NOT recommend it.
So I really thought that this semester was going to be tough, and while it is, it is nothing that I cannot handle. After Jacob passed away, it was really really tough on me. I think this is the first semester that I am finally getting back into the groove. I am actually studying and trying to do great. The semester before Jacob passed away I made the Deans List. I would like to do it again. I just didn't have my heart and mind in school. I was sleeping like 3 hours a night ,and sometimes none at all. Now, though, I sill am not getting much sleep but I am determined to get past my brothers death and focus on school. It has been over a year. I guess that was the way I grieved. My mom and sister cried. Dad cried. Jordan did poorly in school (yeah GPA less than 3.0...terrible). I have been thinking a lot about this and I know that I can do it. YEAH!!
So, the new news is that I received an LST scholarship! YIPPEE!! That is so cool. Takes a load off of my back financially. Spending six weeks in Japan really REALLY put me behind, but I am just now catching up. About time huh?
During my daily Bible reading I re-came (?) upon a scripture that I loved. Lamentation 3:25-26. It is awesome. It is really how I am feeling right now. I am at such a great place in my life, and it is all because of God and His amazing love for me. In this day and age, being a Christian is not easy, and is no longer "cool." Well, I hate to break it to ya folks, but I have never been one of the cool kids, so why start now? Hee. It breaks my heart to see my generation. We are a bunch of hypocrites who have to start a change. I mean, don't get me wrong, change is good, but I am ashamed of my generation. I am so thankful to be going to a Christian university. If you look at the media today, you are pretty much shunned for being a Christian.
I was in the book store the other day (ok, every day) and I came across the "new arrivals" section. The title of this one book The Unusual Suspects caught my attention. No, not because of the movie similar to the same name, but the guy on the cover. The obscure actor Steven Baldwin was on it. Though not a huge fan, I do admire the guy. I now admire him even more. His new autobiography. It is all about him becoming a believer and following Christ. I went even further. I got online and checked out the reviews and yup, all (for the most part) bad. The critism came from his "beliefs". I WAS DUMBFOUNDED! Mr. Baldwin, I know that you will not read this, but thank you for standing up for what you beleive in. In this world of "scientologists", "Buddhists", and even agnostics, I commend you for your strength to become one of the precious few who is not afraid to share the your love for Christ. Bless you.
To expand on this subject, I was watching Grey's Anatomy Thursday night (surprise surprise). Seriously, great show. Well what shocked me was the writing. Grey's Anatomy has mentioned Heaven, God, religion, and never "dissed" it. Thank you for that, by the way. Well, the episode the other night was different...a GOOD different. One of the main doctors had to tell a man that his wife died from a complication from surgery. The man (who was quarantined in a room by himself because he was thought to have the plague) began going hysterical (as it should be). Anyways, the doctor (on the other side of the door) got him to calm down and regain his breathing. The guy fell to the floor and continued weeping. He asked the doctor if she believed in Heaven. If she believed in God. Without missing a beat she answered plainly "yes". As in she truly did and not being ashamed of it. WOW. She then went on to elaborate that she has to, with what she does in her job. She has to believe that there is a better place. "A place full of joy and peace. Full of happiness." "So yes, I believe in GOD and I believe in Heaven." "I believe, (says characters name) that your wife is there now telling you not to worry. I believe she is in a much better place." WOW again. The guy behind the door sort of stopped crying and sort of smiled, like he knew what she meant. It was such a rare moment in tv, and I even watched the episode again and focused on that scene. There was nothing anti-semetic with it. Nothing derogatory or inflammatory about it. No being made fun of for what she said. There was absolute truth being told, and it shone in the wonderful actress' face. It was beautiful. I know that the actress playing the doctor is a Christian and I am glad that she is one on the show as well. WOW again. IT WAS AWESOME to watch that scene. It could have been better, but I guess network standards don't really let you put too much "religion" in one program. Still, props to the writer of that episode.
Well, that was my little rant. Yeah, I know but it is 2:50 in the morning and I have to be at work in 8 hours. FUN FUN.
I realize that I talk to much, and therefore affects my writing. I write to much. I write and write. It's fun though. So, until we meet again......

1 comment:

Judith said...

Thanks for your encouraging post Jordan.
We started a student cell group at Taga church in August with a kind of slow start, but... God has brought us four young Japanese Christians and last week our attendance totaled 23! Keep praying and emailing.