Thursday, January 25, 2007

Best Blog EVER!! Or not...whatever

So, I think I have lost some readers. Poor me. Oh well, I don't really care. Honestly. Come back to me!!! Or not. Man. I am full of contradictions. So let's begin:

SORRY:
My computer has been out of commision since starting school. Apparently I had a few viruses on my laptop, so the technology department fixed it for me. Thank God I didn't have to pay for it. Well, technically I am paying for it with tuition and such, so, umm, yeah. So, that is my excuse for not updating more. Plus, I'm lazy. Yeah, that's about it.

CURRENTLY:
Classes are going pretty awesome. 18 hours sure takes it toll. Quickly. I'm really liking the classes I'm taking, and they seem to be somewhat interesting. But I really don't want to do any work. Hum... However, I had to buy 22 books for only 5 out of 6 classes. Crazyness! Here is the breakdown: Fine Arts: 0; horray! Victorian England: 1; cheer! Ethical Christian Living: 2; not so bad! Civil War and Reconstruction: 3; ehh. African American Literature: 11; WHAT!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? 'Fraid not, sister! Advanced Composition: 5; the nerve! This is driving me absolutely crazy. Plus, most of these are novels that I have not read. Nor have I wanted to. Alas, I will be reading a lot, and not books that I want to read. Or maybe I won't read. Haven't decided yet. I hate that. Ah, well. "All's fair in lo..." Never mind.
LST is off to a running start. Isn't that how everybody starts running? Ok, that was ignorant. I had to get up in front of the whole school and give a chapel announcement Monday about LST and all that entails. Mandy spoke first, and then when my turn came...something came out. Not sure what, but it may have made sense. That's not the point, the point is that the podium I was speaking into (think about it...) began to move. Nonchalantly I said "oh, it has wheels." I then moved it back to its starting position and said "how clever." Idiot, I know. The auditorium/audience erupted in laughter. Ok, more like simmered. I was wondering what they were laughing at, because I was not funny. Eh, it's all good. So, to sum up the opening sentence: LST is a go for me this summer. How excited am I? Extremely. Any adjective that describes excitement insert here.

WRITING:
Like I have mentioned just a few sentences ago, I am taking an Advanced Composition class, and it is pretty cool. The class, however, is creative non-fiction, and I am not a fan of non-fiction. Not as much as fiction anyway. The thing with non-fiction is that you cannot "extend" the truth, per se. It has to be completely true, so I tend to walk a tight line on that. I know, I'm a terrible person.
In this class, we have to do daily journal entries. So far, we have had to write about many numerous things, and then we have to read our entries aloud to the class (mind you, 11 students). I don't know about you, but my life is utterly boring, so in my journal, I like to "kick it up a notch" if you know what I'm saying. Point being: I lie. So now, I have to keep two journals, one just for me, and the other to apparently share with my peers.
Plus, the prof looks like the Harry Potter character Professor Trewalney (sp?) from "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban." Emma Thompson's cool (the actress that plays her).

EXCITEDNESS:
Is that a word? Oh well, I don't care.
How excited am I that Mr. Hugh Laurie won his second Golden Globe for his portrayal of Dr. Gregory House, on the television show of that name! Plus, his exceptance speech was the best of the evening. Here is an excerpt that I especially loved: "…I must thank my wonderful fellow actors on House and thank my wonderful writers & producers and the truly wonderful crew. I know everyone says they have a wonderful crew but that can’t be the case. They can’t all be wonderful. Somebody somewhere is working with a crew of drunken thieves. But it’s not me. They are really wonderful collection of people and I am privileged to spend my days in their company. They smell of newly mown grass..." He is so witty and awesome. The entire speech was brilliant, but this part was funny. I laughed. Watch HOUSE every Tuesday night. It rocks.
Going back to Japan makes me excited. So excited that I could care less about schoolwork.
Turning 21 years old makes me happy. February 14th, here it comes!
Good pizza makes me excited. And ice cream. Mix 'em man!

RANDOMNESS:
I love that word.
So, since this is suppose to be the BBE (Best Blog Ever) it has to drag a little long.
I am going to go see "The Queen" this weekend and write a movie review about it for the school paper. I've heard good things. It might be tough to do if it's not playing in Lubbock though...
Sometimes, I feel lost, or out of place. Almost as if we are all on a tennis court and everybody else has a cool racket and I have a salmon. Seems unfair huh? Sorry, not really sure what I am talking about.
My New Year's resolution was to update more often. Not looking so good, huh?
Antidisestablimentarianism. I probably botched the spelling, but I like that word. It makes me sound smart. Or dumb. Whichever works for you.
I trip a lot. I was walking out of class the other day and I tripped on a tiny pebble. Or maybe my shadow. They look alike. Wait...no they don't. Never mind. It's late. I'm tired.
"Au contraire, mon fre`re!" Does that make me sound smarter? Huh? Came up with that all by me self too. Did I get the spelling right? Oh well, I'm proably misspelling every third word. I think I misspelled misspelled. Or not. I have no clue what's going on.

FIN:
All good things must end, I been told. This is no exception. I'm not really sure what the point of this post is. Who cares. I updated, be happy. So, I will leave you with three questions I was most recently asked (crazy roommates!):

What time do you have to be at work tomorrow? 5:00 P.M.
Why are you still writing? Because it is going to be the BBE! And I can't help myself.
Do you think they're still reading? I'm sure I lost them all before they finished the first section. Also, it's late here, but somewhere it's early and they could just be beginning to read this.

Also, my favorite ever:
"Jordan, how are you?" Jordan's typical response: "I great, how are you?" Honestly, no less than a dozen times a day. I'm flattered really, but people, throw in some adverbs and adjectives! Spice it up. "What's hangin' homeslice?" See, that is an appropriate question with an appropriate response "Not much, G, Dawg,man, homie!" Yuck. I can't pull off the gansta language. Not sure why I tried.
So, our journey must reconvene for a while here. But, until we meet again...

End note because I love this quote. It's from "V For Vendetta":
VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
Quite possible, the best quote EVER in a movie.
Good night for real this time.

No comments: